Summer Interns Teach Kids How to Cook
On August 15, 2013 me and three other interns went to the Matt Jimenez Community Center and worked with the little kids and made Watermelon Salsa. The ingredients and steps for the Watermelon Salsa are:
1. Watermelon: Cut the watermelon into small bites then put it into a separate bowl.
2. Cilantro: Cut cilantro into small pieces, as small as your fingernails, then put them into a small bowl.
3. Bell peppers: Cut bell peppers into small squares then put them into a small bowl.
4. Jalape├▒os: Cut jalape├▒os and put them into a small bowl.
5. Chips: Put chips on a plate.
6. Salt: Then after all the steps are finished, mix the watermelon, cilantro, bell Peppers, and jalape├▒os together. Once that’s mixed, put a little salt into the bowls.
Seeing all the kids smile made me feel good. It brought a smile to my face to see them happy because before I came into work, I was down and not too happy; until I got to work and watched the kids at the community center.
By Shawn Lewis